Sports Premium Funding
Sport and Physical Activity have played a huge part in our successes this year. We have utilised our Sports Premium funds to raise standards, participation and enjoyment levels in sport, physical activity and health for ALL pupils.
Click here to read how our funding for 2015-2016 was spent.
So far, our additional funding has been spent on the following:
- Provide high quality sporting opportunities for all
- Provide children with sports they have not experienced before
- Mentoring vulnerable children through sport
- High quality sports coaches to support curriculum learning
- Runday Monday initiative to motivate and increase physical activtiy for staff and children
- Provide extracurricular sports for parents e.g. boot camp
- Free sports clubs for all pupils
- CPD for all staff using ‘Up and Under Sports’
- Development of children as Play Leaders to run and organise lunchtime activities
- Lunchtime adult play leaders to model effective play with SMSAs
- Participate in community sporting events
- Develop physical confidences through outdoor learning
- Develop First FUNS sporting curriculum including PDM to launch and develop
- Invest in new PE kits for all pupils
- SMSAs have been given appropriate training on how to engage children in sport throughout lunchtimes.
- '5 a Day' resource. This is an interactive programme that allows the children to participate in five minutes of aerobic activities within the classroom.
- SEN interventions for those children with fundamental movement problems.
- A school trip to Bath University for Years 1 and 2.
- Learning a range of new sports: archery, bootcamp, handball, lacrosse, yoga and street dance.
- Other sporting professionals (physiotherapists and nutritionists) have provided inspirational talks to each class.
Our successes have been recognised by BANES, as we won the Contribution of Sport In Education Award, not to mention winning the recent Bath Rugby Teachers' Tag Tournament! GO TEAM WELTON!